Introduction to React Native And Node.js
The cross-platform mobile app is the new trend in mobile app development. Cross-platform mobile development refers to the development of mobile apps that can be used on multiple mobile platforms. Any mobile app which is developing one time but it is work on android as well as IOS. React native is a very powerful way to build applications for both ios and android. Not all, but almost codebase can be shared between the two platform. The reactive native app is an open source framework which is highly preferred by Developers at the time of building a mobile app for the platform.
Build a cross-platform application using React and Node.js
First things you require a react native in your system, for this download the latest version of React Native. There are some things more you are going to need to download, like Node.js then you require some Software i.e. Android studio (IDE), Android SDK, Java, Node Js, NPM, React native CLI. The installation process is different for every operating system. here we are going to show you for Windows
- Download the latest nodejs
- Run the downloaded .msi file and follow the prompts to install.
- After installing the node in your system, you can install react native by typing the following command in the terminal
npm install -g react-native-cli
- After installing react download The Android Studio And run the .exe file make sure you installed java because android requires java.
Now you can Create your First React native Project-
- Create your first project by running the below command in the terminal from the folder where we want to create the app.
react-native init MySampleApp
- Go to that folder,
- run the command to start packing, make sure you started the emulator.
Does your business need a cross-platform app?
First, ask yourself and decide your needs, this blog will help you to decide if cross-platform apps will be a good fit for your needs
- What is my timeline?
- What’s my budget?
- What is the intended feature set and scope of application?
- Who is my target audience, and where are they at?
- Does cross-platform development fit in with my overall digital strategy?
An advantage of cross-platform Apps
- One team and one product for two platforms
- Ideal for prototyping
- Greater reach and easier marketing etc.